June 26, 2009
Town of Taghkanic
Public Hearing Comprehensive Plan
7 p.m. The Town Board of the Town of Taghkanic held a Public Hearing on the above date at the Taghkanic Firehouse. Supervisor Young opened the meeting and turned it over to Alice Platt.
July 6, 2009
Erin Edwards Councilwoman
Anthony P. LaSalvia Councilman
Carolyn Sammons Councilwoman
Richard Skoda Councilman
Robert Fitzsimmons Attorney
Cheryl Rogers Clerk
Present CPC: Alice Platt CPC Chair
Also Present: Kate Mance Elan Planning & Design
Public Comment (residents sign up to speak)
1. Diane Rodriquez, What recommendation does the TB feel needs to be done first?
2. Liz Allen, How can you still be exploring things?
3. Thomas Youhas, How much has this cost?
4. Audrey Koran, grants, not a law, feels draft should be adopted.
5. Chris Tallackson,1.4.6 no definition of developer, racetracks need to be addressed.
6. Tom Kiely, time turned over to Barbara Hermance.
7. Barbara Hermance, letter attached
8. Barbara Roemer, time turned over to Barbara Hermance.
9. Patricia Gravett, took acceptation to Ms. Hermance’s comments and suggestions.
10. Loretta Hoffmann, draft plan costing $70,000, TB has change the whole draft, upset committee was disbanded.
11. Alvin Huehnel, time turned over to Barbara Hermance.
12. Alan Wilzig, natural resources, noise ordinance, hilltop or ridgeline, architectural subdivisions, DEC or Army Core.
13. Robert Rochler, senior citizens, committee is done when draft is turned over to the TB.
Supervisor Young than asked if anyone had any other comments or question:
· Alvin Huehnel, ridgeline restrictions, Barbara Hermance is more knowledgeable than anyone in this room concerning land use and we should listen to her advise.
· Liz Allen, where does the plan go from here?
· Loretta Hoffmann, TB has changed the whole draft, its does not even resemble the plan from the CP Committee.
· Alice Platt, disagreed with Ms. Hoffmann, the plan has not been change that much and TB changes were good changes. 713 units 2000 census – 765 units now 7% increase, development is coming.
· Chris Tallackson, Morris Assoc. original survey was not changed.
· Joanne Klein, roads, laws, noise, we need regulations. DEC is great.
· Barbara Hermance, we should not be naming developers.
· Rob Fitzsimmons, agreed no developers should be named.
· Kate Mance, also agreed with Ms. Hermance.
· Erik Tryee, inventory the benefits, rural character means different things every individual.
· Moisha Blechman, wildlife protection, property rights, noise, arbitration board.
· James Carley, 2 min rule.
· Erin Edwards, misconceptions, rural character, map, seniors.
· Anthony LaSalvia, rural character, survey.
· Richard Skoda, more concerns with Ag section, will this plan hold up to litigation.
With no further business, on a motion by Councilwoman Sammons, seconded by Councilwoman Edwards, the meeting was adjourned, 8:44 pm. carried unanimously by all members present. The next Regular meeting will be Monday July 6, 2009 at the Taghkanic Town Hall.
Audience: Kay Castelle Meridith Glabman Chris Tallsckson Joanne Klein
Alvin Huehnel Art Griffith Claude Allen Liz Allen
Barbara Roemer James Carley Diane Rodriguez Alan Wilzig
Erik Tyree Fred Casper Moisha Blechman Thomas Kiely
Loretta Hoffman Linda Swartz Thomas Mirabelli Barbara Hermance
Thomas Youhas Peter Beck Ellen Jouret-Epstein Art Griffith
Jon Crouch Kate Mance Molly Salisbury Lawrence Kadish
Ann Kadish Scott Stackpole Kent Sammons Mike Casper
Dennis Callahan Robert Rochler